Studying Tumor Tissue Samples From Patients With Soft Tissue Sarcoma
RATIONALE: Studying samples of tumor tissue from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that occur in DNA and identify biomarkers related to cancer.
PURPOSE: This research study is looking at tumor tissue samples from patients with soft tissue sarcoma.
Genetic: DNA analysis
Genetic: gene expression analysis
Genetic: protein expression analysis
Genetic: reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction
Genetic: western blotting
Other: immunohistochemistry staining method
Other: laboratory biomarker analysis
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||LABORATORY STUDIES OF SOFT TISSUE SARCOMAS|
- Identification of molecular targets that would improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and/or treatment of STS [ Time Frame: 3 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||August 2005|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||August 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- To develop a pilot program for the collection, archiving, and experimental analyses of soft tissue sarcomas (STS).
- To obtain STS tumors from cancer patients undergoing tumor removal or core needle biopsies.
- To evaluate cellular and molecular factors involved in STS oncogenesis by studying samples derived from human tumor specimens.
- To develop an accompanying bioinformatics database of the demographics of STS patients from which tumor specimens are derived for experimental study.
OUTLINE: Tumor tissue samples are analyzed for gene and protein expression by cDNA microarray analysis, RT-PCR, immunohistochemistry, in vitro transformation assays, RNA interference, and Western blot or immunoprecipitation.
|United States, Arizona|
|Arizona Cancer Center at University of Arizona Health Sciences Center||Recruiting|
|Tucson, Arizona, United States, 85724-5024|
|Contact: Lee D. Cranmer, MD, PhD 866-278-1554|
|Principal Investigator:||Lee D. Cranmer, MD, PhD||University of Arizona|